The Scythe is the ideal tool for the garden or smallholding. It is versatile, green and fun to use!
Phil was taught to scythe by the renowned scythe master, Peter Vido at the first West Country Scythe Festival in 2005. Since then, the scythe has become an indispensable tool and Phil has built up considerable experience with its use and maintenance. Phil has won medals for the quality of his scything and now teaches at the festival as well as at the Trust.
What we offer on our courses:
- Lots of hands on experience of all aspects of the use of the scythe. We find people learn best by doing.
- The benefit of our experience in the use of the scythe. We are not just scythe teachers – we use the scythe almost daily in a variety of situations.
- A chance to “try before you buy” or help to get your scythe set up well, if you own one already.
- Friendly, relaxed learning environment
- The opportunity to visit a permaculture smallholding where the scythe is integral to the management
“Thanks for a great day on Saturday, I learnt far more than I expected to!
Very pleased with the two scythes I brought home and yesterday managed four
hours of practise.” Course Graduate Bill of Growing Ruabon