“Thank you for helping arrange the course today, it was choc full of scything information.”
Jake, SW Wales, 2015 course graduate
This course is a useful addition to the peening taught on the Introductory course, or for the more experienced mower who would like to take their blade care to a higher level.
Peening equipment will be provided, although you are also encouraged to bring your own. Bring your own blade, practice blades will also be available. There will be an opportunity to purchase further scythe and peening equipment.
- In the unlikely event that the minimum number of participants has not been met within 2 weeks of the start date, courses may be cancelled or rescheduled.
- Where a course is fully booked we can accept further names in case of a cancellation.
- For cancellations more than 4 weeks before the course date we offer a full refund or the opportunity to transfer to another course date, minus £10 to cover our administration costs.
- For cancellations within 4 weeks of the course date no refund or transfer is offered, unless we are able to fill the place or if special circumstances apply. We reserve the right to decide whether the latter applies.
- Camping at Dyfed Permaculture Farm Trust.
- Noddfa Bed and Breakfast in Drefach Felindre (1.5 miles away)
- Melin Pandy Bed and Breakfast in Newcastle Emlyn (5 miles away)
- Bwthyn Gwyrdd self catering cabin (less then 1 mile on foot, 2 miles by car)
- Dolbran Holiday Flat in Henllan, from £10 per person per night (2 miles away)